Skilled Assistance With Probate And Trust Administration
If you have been named the personal representative or trustee of a loved one’s estate or trust, you have a lot of duties that may leave you feeling somewhat overwhelmed. That is normal. The process of administering an estate or trust after a loved one has died is complicated and full of potential legal pitfalls.
At the Law Office of Stuart E. Goldberg, P.L., we have decades of experience with probate and trust administration in North Florida, and can guide you through every step, even in intestate estates. Our goal is to make the process as straightforward as possible while still ensuring your loved one’s wishes are carried out to the letter.
We Can Handle Every Aspect Of The Administration Process
When a loved one dies, his or her assets go through the probate process unless, through advance planning, the probate process is avoided through such strategies as creating a living trust.
The probate process includes gathering all the properties, bank accounts and other holdings, and distributing them to debtors and/or the person’s beneficiaries. Any trusts that have been created prior to the loved one’s death, or that are created by the loved one’s will, must be administered according to his or her wishes, which adds another level of responsibilities.
The Law Office of Stuart E. Goldberg, P.L., is well-versed in the probate process and trust administration. Our lawyer is prepared to handle as much or as little as you need. That includes:
- Guiding personal representatives and trustees through their responsibilities
- Meeting with family members
- Locating and inventorying assets
- Valuing assets and arranging for necessary appraisals
- Arranging for management of assets pending distribution
- Preparation of required accountings
- Ascertaining debts and liabilities, and arranging for their satisfaction
- Preparation and filing of tax returns
- Dealing with the IRS
- Fulfilling all requirements for notices to creditors, beneficiaries and filings with the probate court
- Guiding the distribution process, including distributions to beneficiaries, including charitable beneficiaries
- Representation in any will contests
- Closing the estate and securing appropriate discharges for personal representatives and trustees
Schedule Your No-Fee Initial Consultation Today
Whether you need help with part or all of the probate, need to administer a trust or wish to make plans in advance, we invite you to schedule a no-fee initial consultation with our experienced attorney today by calling 850-270-0411 or by sending us an email. From our offices in Ponte Vedra Beach and Tallahassee, we serve the needs of clients throughout North Florida.